I decided that I wanted to make some book-related resolutions for 2017, even if it might seem silly. So I've been pondering for a few weeks what kind of resolutions I could make that are both easy and challenging at the same time and I came up with these ten:
1. Read 75+ books this year
I can definitely do this. I thought about setting my goal for 100 but since I am graduating in May and will probably start working at least part-time I don't know how much I will time I will have to read. I thought the same thing last year though and I ended up being able to read 105 books, so I could possibly end up going over 75, but I'm not going to beat myself up if I don't
2. Finish at least 3 series I have started.
Here are some possible series I could finish this year:
- The Percy Jackson series - I only have two books left in the series, I am not counting the Heroes of Olympus series because that is a separate series.
- Harry Potter series - I also only have to read two books, but I will be sad end this series.
- Lord of the Rings.- I have a book and a half left to read, yes I am still halfway through The Two Towers which I hope to finish this year.
- The Illuminae Files - the last book comes out later this year so I will definitely be able to finish it.
- Throne of Glass series - I still have to finish The Assassin's Blade and read the other books in the series, but it might be cool to marathon this series, especially since the last book is supposed to come out this year.
- A Court of Thorns and Roses series - When the third book comes out this year I will still have two to read, however I have heard that Sarah J. Maas might be releasing more books inthis series, although I think they are only novellas.
3. Be a part of a blog tour at least once a month
So far it looks like I might be able to accomplish this goal because I am already signed up for two blog tours and I might possibly be joining a third one.
4. Check out more books from the library
I want to start getting books from the library instead of buying them, unless it is a book that I really want. Also I beleive libraries are important and I want to help promote them. Therefore I am going to try and do a library haul each month if I can.
5. Read at least five classics that I have not read before
Last year I only read 2 classics and I would like to read more than that. I think I can accomplish this, especially since I am taking a class on Detective Fiction and most of the books we are reading are considered classics or modern classics.
6. Finish Les Miserables
I have been reading this for a year and half now, it's not that I don't like it, it's just long, but I am determined to finish it this year.
7. Read A Series of Unfortunate Events - the whole series
I have only read the first two books in this series and since the Netflix series is coming out this month I want to read the books before I watch the series. Even though there are 13 books in the series, I think I can get this done.
8. Take part in at least 5 read-a-thons.
Again, I think this is possible, this month I am taking part in the Winter Biannual Bibliothon and I plan to take part in it in the summer. I am also planning on taking part in Tome Topple if it is hosted again this year, as well as Bookmas. So that is already four of them and I think there are some others I plan on doing, but I am also trying not to do a whole lot that take place during the semester because I don't want it to get in the way of my school work.
9. Complete the Around the Year in 52 Books Challenge
This is a challenge where the goal is to read at least a book a week and complete each of the 52 challenges with each book. This sounded really cool when I heard about it and decided to give it a try this year. I will have a post next week with the challenges, as well as updating it every few months to let you all know how I am doing
10. Read the Bible in a Year
This should be at the top of the list and this is probably the one I definitely want to complete next year. I try to read the Bible regularly, but I think it will be good to read through it over the whole year.
These are my bookish resolutions for the year and I will probably do an update at the end of June as to how I am doing with these resolutions.
Janelle L. C.
P.S. If you have any book recommendations let me know and I will check them out! :)